- thermo king
- $92,010.00 -134,290.00/year*
41 Summer Dr
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their supervisor.
Service Thermo King Transport Refrigeration Units (TRU) and Auxiliary Power Units (APU) in truck and trailer applications. Perform TRU/APU installations, equipment inspections, system diagnostics, mechanical/electrical repairs, refrigeration component replacement, soldering, welding, preventive maintenance, pre-trip inspections and data down loads. Understand operations of TRUs, APUs including diesel engines and basic A/C electrical. Populate Repair Orders (RO) with required data, follow OEM repair/warranty guidelines and complete customer billing if required (after hour road service). Previous Thermo King, Carrier, Zanotti, diesel or refrigeration experience a plus but will train the right individual!
* High school Diploma or equivalent, technical trade school a plus.
* Preferably (2) years experience in the field of truck and trailer refrigeration equipment installation and/or repair. Consideration given to applicants with commercial refrigeration experience.
* Reliable / Motivated / Strong work ethic / Can-do attitude with good judgement and decision making skills.
* Skills to sufficiently install, diagnose and repair truck and trailer refrigeration equipment.
* Flexible shifts / overtime
* Perform road service calls as required.
* Proficient with computer operation/usage.
* Performs preventive maintenance and service inspections on Thermo King TRUs and APUs.
* Performs diagnostic and repair work on all types of mobile refrigeration equipment, auxiliary power units and heater equipment.
* Follow established technical and administrative processes.
* Completes required paperwork with regard to repair orders and parts usage
* Adhere to shop processes and procedures.
* Owns and maintains the proper hand tools to perform job functions.
* Communicate effectively with supervisor, team members and customers.
* Participate in training and educational opportunities offered by the company, remain current on technical and regulation requirements for job position.
* Must hold a valid drivers license.
* Demonstrate technical knowledge of refrigeration systems, components, materials, methods and equipment to perform, prioritize and complete job assignments.
* Must hold or be willing to work toward EPA 608/609 refrigeration certifications.
* Must possess adequate verbal and written communication skills in English.
* Must possess the physical strength and conditioning to safely perform all required tasks.
Safety and Compliance:
* Maintains a safe, clean and functional work environment.
* Understand and comply with all OHSA safety regulations and Thermo King policies and procedures.
* Promote safety and a level of professionalism at all times.
* Benefit package offers: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Ins., Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO) Vacation-Sick-Personal, 401K (matching)
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Associated topics: air, air conditioning, batt, boiler, fuel, gas, hvac r, meter, repair, ventilation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...