Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community's greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need.
Sheltering Arms is seeking a Site Director for our Group Home Center located in the Bronx. The Site Director is a middle management position in the Adolescent Residential Care Program. The position is demanding and highly interactive with youth, families, group living direct care staff, the agency and the community as a whole. The Site Director is responsible for overseeing the delivery and management of the social work services for the youth in the facility. Additionally, the Site Director is responsible for assuring a safe, orderly, therapeutic milieu paying close attention to activity programming, routines, discipline, program structure, tone and the like. The Site Director represents authority in the facility and leads by example and is available to the facility (on-call) after conventional work hours.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS SHOULD APPLY BY NOVEMBER 30, 2018
Social Work with the Youth and Families
* Assures best social work practice with youth, families & resources in accordance with regulatory mandates; lobbies energetically for the appropriate services for the youth (educational, vocational, mental health); attends Family Team conferences and other meetings; chairs the facility's weekly Treatment team meetings; assures efficacious treatment planning and service coordination in collaboration with internal and external resources; assures the execution of diligent efforts to locate family and permanent adult connections; receives and reviews planned placement referrals and where necessary arranges interviews and tours; develops creative strategies for involving family members in the service planning process; promotes expeditious movement of youth from the group home to appropriate level of care; provides individual supervision to case worker; assures regulatory compliance with city and state standards or practice; assures superior case records and timely submission of documentation (progress notes, FASPs. FTC, Permanency Hearing reports).
* Assures regulatory compliance with city, state & COA standards; completes all necessary reports; maintains proper departmental fiscal controls; ensures that log systems are accurate and up-to-date; maintaining law and order and a high standard of care in a healthy, vital and therapeutic context; assures that Behavior Management systems (Force Fields, Restriction System, Therapeutic Crisis Intervention) and program routines (school, Network, Substance Abuse Prevention, group meetings etc.,) are maintained and followed by staff and youth alike; oversees recreational programming and community involvement.
Supervision and Training
* Instrumental in hiring- actively recruits new workers; Provides formal and informal supervision, training and discipline to assigned child care workers. Mediates staff/team conflict. Completes staff evaluations, makes recommendation to the Assistant program Director about staff training needs.
* Prepares staff schedules for child care workers as required; approves vacation/leave requests; Requisitioning, system maintenance and documentation as required. Develops and maintains an orderly work and living environment. Reports damage or other maintenance problems to agency's Support Services and the Asst. Director; responsible for petty cash reconciliation, activities funds; money ordering of food and supplies; oversees that Group Living records are maintained.
Leadership and Normative Issues
* Models and promotes dependable, responsible, professional and accountable behavior; promotes positive program norms and teamwork primacy; supports program mission and philosophy; effectively integrates with other disciplines. confronts and discourages negative behavior, attitudes and program norms.; models enthusiasm and participation in program activities. Helps in setting the mission, defining the issues, extracting and validating information, finding \"solutions\" when alternatives, information and objectives are ambiguous, deciding the best uses of time and other scarce organizational resources.
Other related tasks that may be assigned
* Case Worker; Group Living direct care staff (child care workers)
* Licensed Masters Degree in Social Work; (must be Licensed MSW within year of hire)
* Supervisory experience
* Experiencing working with youth and families in Residential setting preferred
INTERESTED APPLICANTS SHOULD APPLY BY NOVEMBER 30, 2018.
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual's perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to complete all standard administrative and support tasks including but not limited to climbing up and down stairs, operation of computers/phones/fax/printer/copy machine, and the ability to lift boxes, furniture, and equipment up to 30lbs. Must be able to travel from the various locations and sites of Sheltering Arms
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.