- Precision Castparts Corporation
- $91,700.00 -149,200.00/year*
Maintain health, safety and environmental measures to ensure compliance with TIMET Health, Safety and Environmental Programs. Coordinate health, safety & environmental initiatives, projects, corrective actions, and incident investigations. Position will work closely with manufacturing, quality and purchasing personnel as well as outside vendors.
* Recommend changes to safety policies and work practices to increase awareness and reduce exposure risk.
* Develop new and revised programs (LOTO, Hazard Communication, Emergency Response, Fall Protection, Respiratory Protection, Hearing Conservation, etc.) to address hazards, prevent accidents, and ensure compliance with local, state and Federal regulations (OSHA 1910, PA L&I, DEP, etc.).
* Support departmental goals and provide back-up coverage in the absence of the HSE Manager.
* Recognize, evaluate and provide solutions to health, safety & environmental opportunities and concerns.
* Manage employee training (orientation, safety, environmental, and maintenance).
* Prepare reports and records promptly. Keep management, associates and all functionally related departments informed of significant developments. Plan and schedule work so that it can be performed efficiently and safely.
* Conduct periodic safety audits / assessments. Report findings. Take action to address findings.
* Participate in incident investigations and issue safety corrective actions as necessary.
* Manage SafeTrack incident tracking software, track the status of corrective actions, follow-up and issue reports as necessary.
* Lead / participate on the TIMET Morgantown Safety teams. (Safety Committees, ERT)
* Participate in the TIMET Morgantown Safety Review Board.
* Conduct / coordinate Morgantown health & safety portion of new employee orientation training.
* Conduct / coordinate in-house HSE training classes. Develop weekly safety training topics for operations.
* Evaluate the effectiveness of training and recommend/make changes as required.
* Stay current on the various regulatory requirements and changes. Continue an active personal/professional development program through selected seminars, home study courses, trade magazines, books, journals, etc.
* Coordinate/conduct Industrial Hygiene testing and reports as necessary.
* Coordinate Hearing Conservation Program on an annual basis as necessary.
* Coordinate Radiation Safety Program on an annual basis as necessary.
* Manage safety data sheets and SDSPro software program in conformance with Federal and State regulations.
* Assist HSE manager in managing all injury situations from immediate injury through return to work.
* Work with HSE Manager to manage and resolve Worker Compensation claims.
* Assist in implementation of all required environmental programs.
* Perform other various duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Safety, Engineering or related field required
* Minimum 3-5 years hands-on experience performing project management in a manufacturing environment preferably performing HSE functions in a metals industry.
* Ability to focus on details and understand the overall impact of events and decisions.
* Strong organizational and communication skills. Good writing skills.
* Demonstrated competency in the technical and training skills required to fulfill the position's responsibilities.
* Knowledge of and ability to identify potential safety hazards
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and work with personnel at all organizational levels.
* Strong Computer Skills (database, word processing, spreadsheet, etc.).
* Ability to travel to other TIMET facilities.
* Ability to come in on the weekends and/or back shift hours as required.
* Proof of US citizenship, nationality, and/or permanent resident status in order to comply with all applicable export and import laws and regulations.
TIMET/Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
Associated topics: circuit, database, develop, developer, design, engineering, mechanical, software, software implementation, ultrasonic
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...