Established by chef and founder David Chang in 2004 with the opening of Momofuku Noodle Bar, Momofuku has grown to include restaurants in New York City, Washington D.C., Sydney, Toronto, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles; a casual chicken spot (Fuku); and a bakery (Milk Bar), established by award-winning pastry chef Christina Tosi. The restaurants have gained world-wide recognition for their innovative take on cuisine, while supporting local, sustainable and responsible farmers and food purveyors.
About B ng Bar
B ng means bread in Korean, and the menu is built around flatbread and vertical spits of roasted meats. Located on the third floor of the Shops at Columbus Circle, B ng Bar serves breakfast and lunch.
The Manager is a senior manager responsible for all aspects of Front and Back of House operations at B ng Bar. S/he will assist the General Manager and Executive Chef in the hiring, training, and managing of all FOH & BOH hourly staff. The Manager will manage the day-to-day aspects of service, perform a variety of administrative duties, and work closely with the General Manager, Executive Chef and R&D Chef to execute the restaurant s vision, continually defining and refining service at B ng Bar.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Senior manager responsible for all aspects of Front and Back of House operations, including, but not limited to: daily decision making, scheduling, training and planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Responsible for managing a team of FOH and BOH employees including, but not limited to: ensuring all staff arrive on time and perform their job duties, hiring and firing, performing disciplinary action, and coaching and counseling.
- Opening and closing responsibilities include, but are not limited to: financial/cash handling, operational administrative tasks, facilities/Health Department checks, and oversight of hourly employees
- Responsible for offering warm, caring and friendly hospitality as well as attentive and technically proficient service to all guests.
- Responsible for meeting budgeted financial targets including, but not limited to: top line sales, bottom line net income, Labor Cost Percentage and Food, Beverage and Retail (COGS) Cost Budgets.
- Responsible for aiding in the documentation of all operational procedures and processes for ongoing development of SOPs.
- Responsible for learning Compeat Inventory Management and Control Software and utilizing to monitor and execute proper inventory controls on an ongoing basis.
- In conjunction with Noodle Bar Beverage Manager and Momofuku Beverage Director, maintain beverage program through management of beverage inventory, costs, product mix, specialty drink menu and promotional beverage offerings.
- In conjunction with Executive Chef, General Manager, and R&D chef, continuously review operations and implement changes to standard operating procedures when necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining and overseeing guest facing areas, including guest line, dining area, condiment station.
- Ensure maintenance of B ng Bar standards for ambiance and environment control.
- Responsible for overseeing the ordering and maintenance of inventory of all food & beverage items, uniforms, to-go supplies and equipment.
- Responsible for mastery of POS System, including teaching it to all FOH & BOH team members.
- Principally responsible for maintaining the highest standards of food quality at the highest levels of consistency, per B ng Bar recipes and standards.
- Maintains strict adherence to all B ng Bar guidelines, standards and procedures regarding Food Protection and proper food handling.
- Performs daily DOH Walk throughs and checklists to ensure that Bang Bar is in compliance with DOH standards at all times.
- Handles guest complaints, reviews and is primarily responsible for following up with letters, complimentary items, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 3 years management experience
- Must have strong leadership skills, experience in scheduling, inventory management, ordering and a strong grasp on financial controls
- Extensive knowledge of kitchen equipment and procedures, safety and sanitation regulations, and knowledge of food and food production
- NYC Food Handlers Certificate
- Experienced with knowledge of food items, spices, ingredients
- Must be able to read and execute recipes
- The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Momofuku reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Momofuku or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Momofuku is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status. Breastfeeding (as in pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related conditions ), transgender status or gender dysphoria, familial status as that term is described under the New York State Human Rights Law, caregiver or partnership status as those terms are defined under the New York City Human Rights Law (if you are employed in New York City).
Associated topics: back end, backend, bakery manager, day shift manager, director, director food and beverage, manager, restaurant general manager, restaurant leader, shift manager