The Global Protein Sciences (GPS) Group is seeking a highly motivated scientist to join its Protein Engineering and Expression team. GPS works collaboratively with other drug discovery teams to advance the AbbVie Biologics pipeline. As an integral member of the group the candidate will make significant contributions to innovate next generation biologics. The candidate will be responsible for design and expression of recombinant proteins that meet project objectives. The candidate will also have the opportunity to collaborate and develop technologies for the improvement of protein quality and production. Key Responsibilities:
- Work with multi-disciplinary project teams and use molecular biology tools to engineer recombinant proteins for in vitro and in vivo applications.
- Engineering of host cell lines for difficult-to-express proteins.
- Stay current with applicable internal/external scientific literature and apply new information to successfully complete work assignments.
- Effectively organize and communicate research progress and planned activities through oral and written presentations.
- Keep accurate and current records of research and/or experiments.
Position will be hired based on level of experience.
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
- Master's degree (Molecular/Cell biology Biochemistry/ or related field) with 2-5+ years' relevant experience or Bachelor's degree (Molecular/Cell biology/Biochemistry or related field) with 5-7+ years' relevant experience
- Candidate must possess strong molecular biology skills (for protein expression, CRISPR/RNAi, etc.) and have experience validating the constructs.
- Experience in protein engineering (fusion protein, bispecific antibody, extracellular domains), familiarity with mammalian, insect and bacterial cell culture, recombinant protein expression and basic characterization.
- Working knowledge in assay development (ELISA, FACS based assays) to elucidate molecular interactions at the protein level is a plus.
- Scientific excellence, good work ethic and dedication to team/project goals are essential. Proven ability for innovative thinking.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a track record of collaboration with various teams are required.
Associated topics: biological engineer, biomaterials, biophysics, biosynthetic, enzyme, fermentation, neurodegenerative, neuroscience, nutrition, pain